Tuesday, July 24, 2012

How to give your Mom a mild heart attack at 6 am

I love my children. I do. But sometimes they are just plain weird. This morning I went to kiss my (now) 15 year old good morning and tell her happy birthday! She told me she loved me and yanked the covers back over her head. Then I went to check on the middle. She had a girlfriend spend the night so I wanted to make sure they were ok and asleep. Imagine my surprise when I open up her bedroom door to find NO ONE in the bed, or on the floor. So I look over the balcony to see if maybe I had passed them on the couch on my way to get coffee. Nope... No girls. By this point I am starting to panic a little. I flick on the light look behind the door.. nothing. I finally made my way over to the closet. I open the door and there they are. Contorted in a way that I am sure would make my spine snap in half. Asleep, on the floor of the closet. And it was hotter than 200 hells in there. Weird I tell you. Weird.

1 comment: