Monday, July 30, 2012

Chicken Ranch Twice Baked potatoes

I made an awesome dinner Saturday night. Epic. The baby thought it was delicious and so did D. The girls were in Florida with their Aunt. So without Furter adue, I give you...

Chicken Ranch Twice Bakes Potatoes (adapted from Kimberly)
4 Potatoes (will make 8 halves)
3 wedges laughing cow cheese( use whatever kind I used queso fresco, cream cheese would work good as well)
2 chicken breast -cooked and shredded with a fork (i cooked mine in a crockpot with 2 cups of chicken stock and half a packet of ranch seasoning low for 6 hours and they were perfect) 
1 pack of ranch seasoning (1/2 for the potatoes, 1/2 from the chicken)
1/4 to 1/2 cup of milk
4 TBS of Sharp cheddar cheese (shredded)
2 TBS of parmesan cheese 

Wash potatoes and wrap in aluminum foil and baked in a 350 degree oven for an hour or until cooked through.  Let them potatoes cool and cut them in half. Using a spoon scoop out the majority of the potato , leaving a little bit in the actual skin, and put in a bowl. Add the laughing cow cheese or cream cheese, the milk (start with 1/4 of a cup and work up from there- I just eyeballed mine) and the other pack of the ranch seasoning. Then fold in the shredded cooked chicken. Scoop the mixture back into the potato halves. Top the potatoes with the parmesan & the cheddar cheese and pop back into the oven until cheese is a little brown and nice and bubbly.

On the side I served grilled sliced zucchini. It was awesome as well. I sliced them covered them in salt and pepper and at free italian dressing and placed them on the grill for about 4 minutes on each side.

please don't be jealous of my amazing photographer skills

Warm & Yummy potatoes. Comfort food at it's best

zucchini before it hit the grill


2 comments:

  1. By the way, I nominated you for an award. Go do it! http://www.talesfromfar.com/2012/07/liebeter.html

    ReplyDelete